Due to the growth of the company and the project business we have in our Chartering department a vacancy for a
In this position you support not only our Charterers, who book project cargoes for our vessels, but our crew on board of the vessels as well, who are responsible for loading and unloading operations and responsible for the stability and safety of our ships.
Our (potential) clients often require an AutoCAD drawing, which not only shows that their cargo fits into our ships but also that their cargo is properly stowed and secured.
Your role is therefore not only making these drawings and stowage plans, but also convincing the clients that their cargo will be transported safely and responsibly with our ships, and supporting our crew on board with advice on how to load, stow and lash the cargo.
You will report to the Manager Operations Chartering.
- Making stowage plans and stability calculations for ships;
- Providing insight into strength / construction calculations;
- Making lashing and securing plans;
- Keeping records of lashing equipment and inventory management;
- Assisting in purchasing lashing material;
- Drawing up Method Statements.
- Degree in Design Engineering / Draftsman;
- Experienced AutoCAD user;
- Creative thinker in respect of finding technical & nautical solutions;
- Strong verbal communications skills in English (and Dutch);
- Having no problems working under time-pressure;
- Nautical experience is an advantage.
What has Schulte & Bruns to offer to you?
- We offer an interesting and challenging position in a competitive yet friendly global teamwork environment;
- possibilities to grow professionally in our organization;
- good remuneration in line with experience and future development; and
- dedicated and experienced colleagues.
Interested in applying for the job?
Applications, including résumé, should be addressed to:
Schulte & Bruns Nederland B.V.
9727 DL Groningen
Attn. Mr. E.F. Diepeveen
No agency acquisitions
Je kunt hier inloggen om direct te solliciteren. Heb je nog geen account? Maak er een aan en solliciteer daarna direct op deze vacature.
ForestWave Shipping Group
Schulte & Bruns Nederland BV is a company within the ForestWave Shipping Group, which is a young shipping group founded in 2003 and growing rapidly since 2011.
We are active in the multi-purpose shortsea segment. The vessels we operate are in the size range between 4.000 and 12.000 ton carrying capacity, most of these fly Dutch flag, have ice class and cranes. Our fleet is operated mainly in European waters and the Atlantic Basin.
Our activities include commercial management (26 vessels), technical and crew management (11 vessels) and ship owning.
Today we employ an office staff of 30 people and on board of our vessels about 130 seafarers.
Our focus is to offer our customers excellent and spot on service and to operate the vessels efficiently by operating and manning these with well trained and flexible personnel in order to not only meet the expectations of the charterers and the owners, but also go the extra mile.
Young internationally oriented shipping company, no-nonsense, hands-on and 24/7.
You will be part of the team of the Chartering Department. This team consists of our Commercial Director, 5 Charterers (or which two working in our branch office in Goes), the Manager Chartering Operations and 5 Operators. They are responsible for the chartering of a fleet of 26 vessels.
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 5 juni 2018|
|Bedrijfsnaam||ForestWave Navigation B.V.|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Fred Diepeveen|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)88 050 3000|