Lead Engineer Automation Workboats
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans;
- Providing specific expert technical knowledge in the field of automation and system integration for both existing and conceptual designs of ships and systems;
- Review of automation (system) designs and component choices which have been made;
- Assisting with the evaluation of the technical performance of ships during engineering, production and commissioning phases;
- Supporting “automation” troubleshooting activities. In other words, you have to plan, execute and analyze measurements to come to a solution. Where required you initiate and support improvement-projects that lead to improved designs for future ships;
- Being actively involved in maintaining the automation portfolio and carrying out projects individually or with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in control engineering or a relevant other specialization;
- At least five years’ relevant experience in the field of automation and systems;
- Knowledge of advanced model based control methods;
- Up to date knowledge of industrial and embedded automation systems;
- Having an interest in human factors in automation;
- Knowledge of ship propulsion and marine system integration (is considered a plus);
- Familiarity with classification and rules and regulations in various countries, experience of working on a project basis (plus) and conversant with MATLAB and or Simulink.
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
The goals is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs / dredgers / workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of (smart-customized) standard designs. Damen Workboats offers a range of innovative, standardized & smart-customized designs, fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time; thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.
|Plaatsingsdatum||maandag 14 januari 2019|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Bedrijfsnaam||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Marcel Koopman|
|Telefoon||0183 639 911|